The City of Bay City provides employee medical coverage, with dependent coverage available for an additional cost. The City's medical provider is Blue Cross Blue Shield, effective October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018. The City of Bay City offers two (2) medical plans for employees to choose from. Click here for base benefit plan highlights and buy-up plan benefit highlights.
Base Plan (PPO):
- Deductible: $3,000 (Individual) $9,000 (Family)
- Co-pay: $40 (Office and Specialist)
- Prescriptions: $20, $40, and $60
- $47.48/month (EE Only)
- $274.20/month (EE + Spouse)
- $235.03/month (EE + Child(ren))
- $391.72/month (EE + Family)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA): The City of Bay City offers the use of an HRA for those eligible employees that sign up for the Base Plan. Once an employee meets the first $1,000 of the $3,000 deductible, they are eligible for reimbursement, up to $2,000.
- Deductible: $500 (Individual) $1,500 (Family)
- Co-pay: $20 (Office and Specialist)
- Prescriptions: $20, $35, and $45
- $253.84/month (EE Only)
- $467.60/month (EE + Spouse)
- $846.46/month (EE + Child(ren))
- $1,010.82/month (EE + Family)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA):
The City of Bay City offers an FSA to all eligible regular full-time employees as a part of the City's health insurance plan. An employee may set aside up to $2,550 on a FSA Card to help alleviate health care cost. Eligible expenses for the FSA Card range from purchasing crutches to vision correction surgery.
The City of Bay City provides employee dental coverage, with dependent coverage available for an additional cost. The City's dental provider is Unum (Always Care). Click here for dental plan highlights.
- Deductible: $50 (Individual) $150 (Family)
- Benefit services:
- Preventative 100%
- Basic 80%
- Major 50%
- Orthodontics 50%
- $0 (EE Only - Paid for by City)
- $45.24/month (EE + Spouse)
- $33.55/month (EE + Child(ren))
- $61.29/month (EE + Family)
The City of Bay City provides vision coverage, at the expense of the employee. The City's vision provider is Superior Vision.
-Eye Exam once every 12 months
-One complete set of spectacle lenes or contact lenses (in lieu of eye glasses) every 12 months
-Frame every 24 months
*Eye Exam $10
*Spectacle lenses $10
*Contact lenses fitting $10
-$5.34/month (EE Only)
-$10.31/month (EE + Spouse)
-$10.81/month (EE + Child(ren))
-$16.17/month (EE + Family)
The City of Bay City provides Life and AD&D valued at $20,000, through Dearborn National. The City also provides a life insurance equivalent to one times the employee’s salary through the TMRS Retirement System. Click here for group life insurance plan highlights. The City of Bay City also offers voluntary supplemental life insurance for employee and eligible dependents. Click here for supplemental life insurance highlights.
The City provides a retirement program for its employees through the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Membership is mandatory for full-time paid employees. Employee contributions are deducted from employees’ paychecks at the rate of five (5) percent. The City matches employee contributions and interest on a 2 to 1 basis (two City dollars for every one employee dollar).
A voluntary deferred compensation plan is available through Nationwide Retirement and AXA.
13 Paid Holidays
1 Floating Holiday
From 1 – 6 weeks depending on years of service