Solid Waste Division
1217 Ave J
Bay City, Tx 77414
The primary responsibility of the Solid Waste Division is to collect the City’s Residential and Commercial solid waste. The office employs 11 people, including a manager, and 10 equipment operators.
Duties of this division include:
Curbside Residential Garbage Collection
- Residential Solid Waste Collection including brush and large items serving approximately 5400 households
- Citizen Issue Resolution
- Commercial Solid Waste Collection
Automated Garbage Collection FAQ’s
Residential Large Item and Tree Limb Collection
- Residential service is provided through the use of automated side load trucks on a twice per week basis.
- Each residence is provided a 96 gallon cart to be placed curbside on the regular scheduled pickup day.
- Carts are for residential waste only, no construction debris, metal, dirt, tree limbs, or hazardous waste are to be placed in the Cart. The lid of the card must be closed, without debris placed above the rim of the cart.
- Pickup starts at 7:00 a.m.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place or leave any residential (garbage) container, empty or otherwise, on or near a curb line after 8:00 p.m. on the designated collection day or prior to 8:00 p.m. on the day before the day designed for collection.
Once a week furniture, appliances, brush, tree limbs, and large items (less than six feet in length) will be picked up. Tree limbs and brush need to be separated from all other waste so that it may be taken to the chip site to be made into mulch. Each residence is allowed 6 cubic yards per week of large items. Six cubic yards is approximately a pile 4 foot wide x 4 foot tall x10 feet long. Arrangements for larger piles may be made by calling the Solid Waste Department, an additional fee will be charged to your water bill for the collection of more than 6 cubic yards. If you have a special request you may contact the office at 979-323-1107 to advise us of your needs.
We offer dumpster service for our commercial accounts. Our customers can choose from a 2 yard, 3 yard, 4 yard, 6 yard or 8 yard dumpster with services ranging from once a week up to 6 times per week Monday thru Saturday.
Roll off Dumpsters and temporary Construction Dumpsters inside the city limits are provided by Sprint Logistics thru a franchise agreement and they can be reached at 281-491-7775.