Q: What positions are open and how do I apply?
Q: If I meet minimum qualifications, will I be interviewed?
- A: Information about current job openings and application procedures are posted here on our web site and at City Hall.
Q: What is the minimum age to work for the City?
- A: Interviews are not automatic, you must be selected for an interview. Preference will be given to applicants who possess more specific education and/or experience as related to the applicable opening
Q: Where do I get an application?
Q: Should I turn in anything with my application?
- A: Applications are available at City Hall, 1901 5th Street. (You can also print the online application and mail it to the address listed on the application.)
Q: What jobs can I apply for?
- A: If you have a resume, you may submit it with your application, but any other materials should be kept for an interview. Please do not bind your application. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed employment application.
- A: Applications are accepted only for positions that are currently open and are accepted up to the closing date. Some positions have minimum qualifications. Human Resources will screen applications for these requirements before sending them to the hiring supervisor for that position.
Q: Does my application stay on file for future positions?
- A: No, you will be required to complete another application for any position which you are interested in.
Q: Do I need to fill out separate applications for each position?
- A: Yes, you are required to fill out separate applications for each position that you are applying for. The position title needs to be completed on the application so that City Secretary's Office knows what position is being applied for. This enables the City Secretary's Office to direct the application to the correct Department