Paying Your Bill
The City of Bay City offers five ways to pay your Utility Bill:
- You can drop your payment off in the Night Drop box located on the backside of City Hall (1901 5th St.) Please make sure that there is a way to identify what account the payment is for.
- You can pay at the Utility Billing Office window or drive-thru Monday - Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- You can pay online anytime here.
- You can put your bill on auto-draft by clicking here. Auto-draft is pulled from your given bank account on the 15th of every month for the full amount of your bill. Please not that in the event that your auto-draft is denied, your water can be cut off if payment is not made.
- You can mail your payment to: Utility Billing, 1901 5th St., Bay City, TX, 77414.
Policy On Bill Payments
- NO payments will be taken over the phone.
- All payments done with a Credit/Debit card must be accompanied by a photo ID with the name matching that on the card.
- All returned checks will be charged a $25 service fee.
|Type of Fee||Amount||Cause|
|Late Fee||10% of the total bill or $10 (whichever is greater).||Added to any bill that is not paid on the 20th of each month.|
|Reactivation Fee||Up to $300||Must be paid in order to reactivate any water that was disconnected due to non-payment.|
|Tampering Fee||$50||This fee is charged for anyone who appears to have tampered with any of the Utility Department's equipment|
Water and Sewer Rates (As of October 2017)