Solid Waste ContractorWCA
700 Avenue F
Bay City, TX 77414
Customer Service Phone: 979-245-0368
The primary responsibility of the City's Solid Waste Contractor is to collect the City’s Residential and Commercial solid waste.
Duties of the Solid Waste Contractor include:
- Residential Solid Waste Collection including brush and large items serving approximately 5400 households
- Citizen Issue Resolution
- Commercial Solid Waste Collection
Curbside Residential Garbage Collection
- Residential service is provided through the use of automated side load trucks on a twice per week basis.
- Each residence is provided a 96 gallon cart to be placed curbside on the regular scheduled pickup day.
- Carts are for residential waste only, no construction debris, metal, dirt, tree limbs, or hazardous waste are to be placed in the Cart. The lid of the card must be closed, without debris placed above the rim of the cart.
- Pickup starts at 7:00 a.m.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place or leave any residential (garbage) container, empty or otherwise, on or near a curb line after 8:00 p.m. on the designated collection day or prior to 8:00 p.m. on the day before the day designed for collection.
Residential Large Item and Tree Limb CollectionOnce a week furniture, appliances, brush, tree limbs, and large items will be picked up. Tree limbs and brush need to be separated from all other waste so that it may be taken to the chip site to be made into mulch. Trimmings, brush and shrubs placed for collection shall be secured in bundles not to exceed 5' in length, 18 inches in diameter or heavier than 50 pounds in weight. Bundles shall be bound by string, twine, rope, or other non-metallic binding materials. The maximum number of bundles to be picked up at any one time, from any residence, shall be 20. Arrangements for larger piles may be made by calling the Solid Waste Department, an additional fee will be charged to your water bill for the collection of more than 6 cubic yards. If you have a special request you may contact the office at 979-323-1107 to advise us of your needs.
Commercial CollectionRate Schedule
WCA offers dumpster service for our commercial accounts. Our customers can choose from a 2 yard, 3 yard, 4 yard, 6 yard or 8 yard dumpster with services ranging from once a week up to 6 times per week Monday thru Saturday.
Roll-off Dumpsters inside the city limits are provided by WCA thru a franchise agreement and they can be reached at 713-670-9199.